WAABSL CAMPAIGN ANNOUNCEMENT
- A five year review
- A third exception to re-home as American Pit Bull Terrier and cross breeds.
Why BSL is not the answer!
- BSL does not improve the safety of the public or prevent dog attacks
- BSL does not address the potential victims of non-targeted breed dog attacks
- BSL requires every dog to be identified as a specific breed. This is ineffective as there are no genetic markers for ‘pit bulls’, as it is a type not a breed. There are also countless crossbreeds that could be deemed to be a ‘pit bull’ type
- BSL results in innocent dogs being killed because of their appearance and without reason or justification
- BSL punishes responsible owners because of the way their dog looks and makes targeted breeds more desirable to irresponsible or criminal owners
Australia has had BSL restrictions in place since March 2006 and it has not
successfully reduced dog bite incidents.
Please support the cause and sign…..
Pics & Links from thePerth No BSL Global Rally
What is BSL?
BSL = Breed Specific Legislation
BSL aims to restrict and/or ban certain breeds based on their appearance. Under BSL, there is no sale, transfer of ownership or breeding of restricted breeds. Ultimately this will result in certain breeds being culled and eventually eradicated. It also means that any bully breed dog, mixed breed dog, dog without registration or pedigree papers are at risk of being impounded and if the owners fail to comply with the new regulations, possibly put to sleep. This is currently happening in Victoria. Read more here...
If you agree that Breed Specific Legislation is wrong, there are a number of things you can do